Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Closure

Today I finally uploaded the little video clip I promised to my 'OH Atlanta' entry so check it out.
Watching the clip reminded me that I still needed some closure with one special friend, so I will say goodbye to them now.

Goodbye old friend,
We had so many fun times together and I'm sorry for leaving you without any explanation. I want to thank you for always being there for me.
You kept me company on many trips to the beach to clear my head. You took me to the mountains on several occasions for some fresh air. You were with me when I met my Goddaughter for the first time. You never judged me for cussing and screaming in traffic. You supported me when I quit that mind-numbing job and even offered to buy me a drink to celebrate. You were there when I brought my puppy Banjo home from the shelter, and you didn't even care when he threw up on you later. You never complained about my horrible singing to really bad songs. You kept me entertained on my countless trips to Savannah, even the psychotic ones in the middle of the night. I hurt your front and back end but you didn't hold it against me, shit- I think I even burned you with a cigarette once or twice. You were such a trooper. Speaking of, you saved my ass more than a few times and I thank you for that. You were the best friend a girl could ask for, and I want you to know that it wasn't you it was me...
I just knew you weren't equipped mentally or physically to come with me to Iowa. I hope you can start over with a new friend, and I wish you the best. I'll forever keep this little piece of you to remember our good times.

Goodbye little old Honda coupe, I'll miss you my friend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor little Honda. Abandoned. Left behind. Even your dogs got to go with you!