Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lemonade Stand Award!


Thank you "Claire" for nominating me for my very first Blog award!!! The Lemonade Stand Award is for showing 'gratitude and/or a great attitude'.....Me? Great attitude? I love it! See what happens when I move my happy ass from the 'Big City' to Mayberry? That's right, this girl's got a whole new great attitude going on. Thanks for laughing with me and not at me!

Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate 10 blogs that show gratitude or great attitude or both.
3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link this post to the person whom you received your award from.

Now if you know me, then you know I find it hard to follow most rules. In this case that works out perfectly because being a blogger virgin and all...I don't have TEN blogs in my pocket to share the love with. But I do have almost 10 that caught my fancy... so I would like to nominate them now :)

1. Mud Puppy- Because his writing is brilliant. And he is serving our country. And he ends every post with- "I love you mom". And I LOVE his attitude- "If you can't annoy somebody, there is little point in writing anything at all".
2. Lola- Because oh how I love her attitude. Any day, every day.
3. The Urban Baboon- Don't stop posting! Atlanta needs you and your commentary!
4. CLP- Because her 'fit-smoke free- girl' attitude is very inspiring.
5. Joanna- Because she has farmer girl attitude! And her comments always make me smile. And she likes my dogs. And if she already won this award...well, she gets two.
6. Bruce- Because his artwork is fantastic-check him out.
7. Bush Babe- Because I love her attitude, stories, pictures, wit, humor and everything else she does.

There you have it- that was fun! And with all that lemonade excitement I don't have much else to offer tonight. I would like to share a little something new I tried in the kitchen so get ready.... I wanted a somewhat healthy treat that we could dip into our fresh salsa that wouldn't make my ass grow like 4 inches. So I took some lo-fat tortilla wraps, cut them into triangles, then baked them in the oven (I know everyone is in disbelief-but I do use the oven on rare occasions). They came out GREAT except for one small problem....



Can you see the problem? Probably not- it's hard to spot. Think way back to October... it was only my second post....and it included a video clip involving an obnoxious Iowan insect phenomenon.....here's a refresher in case you forgot.



That's right- over 3 months later and the f*cking Asian lady beetle/bug is still showing up! In the oven on my cookie tray! OMG! I hate them!

*** Note to self: 6 minutes @ 350 degrees makes them very crispy :)
AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - where to start? Congrats on the award - your entire beloved family is aware of how much happier and filled with great attitude you are these days! The move was definitely a good one.

Congrats on being smoke-free for over a week!

Congrats on using the oven for your low-fat treats (you know mine exists just to store pots and pans).

And congrats for seeing the bright spot on your beetles - maybe you could bottle the cooked ones and sell jars of them as special Iowan snacks!

Love you.

Claire MW said...

Maybe you could save up the beetles for me and I could cook them up and see if they make an interesting color dye for my sheep's wool?

My mom says I have a better attitude since I moved onto the farm too. Go figure!

Congrats from me too on smoke-freeness and healthy (bug-free) eating.

diane said...

i hate those beetles!
and thanks for the congrats- the patch leaves a red square on my arm, and it itches, and i am bitchy, and ummm...cigs are bad. it is hard. 20 year habit sucks.
but i am doing good!

Jennifer said...

We have seen some of those beetles but nothing like the video of them on your blog! wow! I do know a woman that used some old barn lumber one winter in her house for decor and apparently they were nesting in it or something because come spring she literally had beetles coming out of the woodwork in her house!

BB said...

Why thankyou, dear Diane! I am most honoured. Am a shocker at putting these things up on my site, but will try to do it from now on (ah, another resolution!).

Congrats on your award (didn't know you before, so hard to say about 'improvements' in attitude! Always love your pithy comments though. And no, I don't have a lisp!).
:-)
BB