- We were in Texas temporarily.
- The neighbors found a big goofy dog in the road.
- They put him in their yard but didn't feed or water him.
- We call that 'Whiskey Tango', which is code for white trash.
- We asked if we could help find him a home.
- They said yes.
- We took him.
- We called him Texas Pete.
- Texas Pete was very bad and ate furniture and blinds and peed on the bed.
- Darrin took Pete to the Humane Society.
- I cried all day.
- We went back to get him but it had closed for the day, so we broke him out.
- Is that wrong?
- Too late now.
- He is very content.
- Pete also gets added to my '2 tears in a Bucket List' as a 'Did It'.
- #2 - Save a Life.
- Ahhh dogs. Aren't they great? They love you unconditionally.
"My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am"
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Oh For Pete's Sake
Today it has been 6 months since Pete found us... I don't want to bore you with all of the details so I will try to make it short: