Friday, January 09, 2009

Kiss My Grits

You're telling me that all I have to do is mention in a post that I can't find grits anywhere in Iowa, and grits will appear on my doorstep?

A whole CASE of them? awesome. Thanks Dad, you're the best! Did I mention that I can't find the new Canon EOS 5D Mark 111 anywhere in Iowa either?? Haha!

Another special thanks goes out to my friend Lola... Pete received the sneakers you sent him today, but I can't get him to wear them.


I'm also proud to announce that I've been doing pretty good on my resolutions recently.... we went to the grocery store today and only bought healthy things, which was a first for us. D even grilled out for us tonight in the snow :)


AND I haven't smoked in FOUR days- which is the longest I have gone without smoking in years. I am getting a little bored with chewing gum though, so I welcome any other suggestions.

Eating healthier and smoke free... can you believe it?
Change IS good I think.

Which brings me to another random 'Did It' from my '2 tears in a Bucket List'....
#7- Watch the Guard change at Buckingham Palace.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dadgum, your Dad beat me to it! But all I've bought so far for your care package is ONE BOX of grits - not an entire case! Fantastic. And sneakers for Pete? Don't forget I gave the kids "ice cream" once. Dry. Ice. Cream. For. Dogs.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

That's a LOT of grits. But they are soooo good. Where will you hide them from Pete and the beetles? I love the shoes! Now put yours on and take them for a walk. That would be good for all of you!
Let me know how soon, (not if) the camera arrives! I am sure Dad will come through.
You are an hour behind us but not a whole day--where is the posting for 01/09? I look forward to your blog postings.
Congrats on the healthy eating and non smoking. Try sucking on hard sugar free candy-mints might help.
S.B.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Grits, butter, and two eggs over easy, ummBoy

Anonymous said...

I swear this morning your post said 01/08/09. Now don't mess with Mother Nature---did you change the date????
S.B.

Claire MW said...

Wow, that's a boatload of grits! I never had grits yet, even though I have lived in the US for 6.5 years. Wow. I hear they are good with cheese. I think anything with cheese in it is good.

Trying to come up with things instead of gum...hmmm...they all seem to be higher calories, like caramels (that are really chewy and take a long time to eat), or hard candies, or lollipops...

Unknown said...

Yes to Claire's idea about lollypops! Sticks in your mouth like a cig, and you can probably find sugar free someplace. How about carrot sticks? You just have to feed that oral fixation for a while!!!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee Oral fixation! mh