Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dear Santa, I Love You

It's that time of year again, time to dig out the letter that I wrote to Santa when I was 4 years old. I love this letter, it makes me smile every year.
My handwriting was just as bad then, so here is the translation:

Dear Santa,

I love you. We will be in Florida for Christmas. I want a Baby Tender Love that squeaks. I want an Evil Knievel. I want Crash Bang Crash 'em up. Please send me a Bicycle.

Love,

Diane Elizabeth Lipgens







Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder


6 comments:

Claire MW said...

Cute letter! One year when we went to Florida I had to leave Santa a letter at our house to tell him where we went. There were luminarias on the beach in Florida and when I asked about them, a nice lady told me that was how Santa would find his way to me. I hadn't seen luminarias before that.

Welcome to Iowa, by the way. I moved here 6.5 years ago. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I now do.

Lola said...

sigh. you just haven't changed at all have you? there's some comfort in the consistency.

you better call me when you get to Atlanta or I'm gonna crash, bang, crack em up your head. love you.

Anonymous said...

I love it and thanks for sharing!! I do hope it is in a frame along with the darling picture of you with the mis-matched clothes and long pony tails. Savannah Belle.
P.S. for a four year old, you did very well. An early achiever!

diane said...

ahhh, yes.
I think I was an early achiever because I hadn't yet entered the GA public school system! ; )

Unknown said...

That's my girl! I even had a co-worker write a letter back to you because you were beginning to doubt Santa, or maybe that was the next year. Do you still have the letter you wrote about the Tootsie Pops?

Unknown said...

I like the fact that it took you 2 sheets of paper to write that on! hahaha.
and now I want a tootsie pop too.