Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Return To Sender

Mr. Mailman never ceases to amaze me, you won't even believe this one. We decided to get him a gift card to the local hardware store as a thank you for all he has done (sorry CLP, I decided against your thoughtful suggestion LOL). Anyway, I was going through our pile of mail today and found a letter from the post office and I still can't believe what it said...

Apparently it is against 'postal regulations' for a mailman to receive a gift valued at over $20, who knew? Our mailman is SO honest that he asked the POSTMASTER to return the $30 gift card we got him. OMG! Our Atlanta mailman would have gotten the card, looked over his shoulder, and pocketed it for sure!
We really do live in Mayberry.
I am full of mailman love once again.
I also found this....

Now Cheryl, I know everyone is just DYING to be featured on my blog and all- but the Postage Due trick has already been done. Let's get a little more creative next time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Well I am sure you will think of some way to show your love and appreciation to the mailman, 20 bucks at a time. Tell Banjo Popeeno and Daisy Mae want him to come back whenever he is ready. They miss him.

S.B.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I think he's Santa Claus in a postal uniform.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to meet Mr. Mailman and hug him for restoring your faith in the kindness and honesty to be found in humanity!

clp said...

you should have stuck with a hand job. i'd guess the value of that in mayberry is way under $20.

Unknown said...

Did I really write the comment above? Has your faith really been restored? Or do you think of Mr. Mailman as a fantasy?

diane said...

RESTORED!